8.12.2010

The Best Thing

There probably isn't much that's better than hearing 20 plus Belgian girls sing "fucking" in perfect harmony.



Except maybe when they say "Wha te-hell-em I doeeg here?"

I don't really care what you think about Facebook, but that Social Network movie is NOT ABOUT FACEBOOK.  Not that a movie about Facebook wouldn't be effing awesome.  With the right director, actors and, most importantly, writers, a film about the torment a group of teenagers do to themselves and one another via the internet could be fucking epic and speak to this generation like Insert-Title-Of-Film-About-Awkward-Teenagers-In-The-Late-90s did for my generation.

But I digress from my digression.  Social Network looks sweet and that's coming from someone who dislikes Justin Timberlake.  And I don't think it's just the trailer.  It appears to be a film that's actually about the superficiality of some friendships (which is pretty appropriate for the makers of Facebook which is super superficial) and about legal stuff. And that looks good.

And back to the main point: This choir is magical.  It reminds me of my first experience in a choir in elementary school.  Not that we were any kind of good, but a group of voices together always sounds good.  We wore gold cummerbunds and I have a picture of this that I will share with you someday.

And it all reminds me of that feeling that wells up inside of you when the music that you're totally immersed in is coming to a crescendo and it feels like the whole world is voluntarily on pause, holding its breath, waiting the perfect amount of time, that weird amount of time that you can't possibly count, it's not in beat with the rest of the music, it's completely subjective and based solely on intuition, the fermata, but you know when it's supposed to end, you feel it, and everybody feels it and everyone comes together at once during it.

I wish I could draw that.

Except that now that sounds like a really sexual thing and all I can think about is hentai now.

Great--I'm a creep.

No comments:

Post a Comment